On August 1st we celebrated 4 years since we moved to the Dominican Republic. In some ways it seems like way longer and in some ways it was way shorter. Time is funny like that. I think it makes it feel even weirder this year because we have been helping our friends, The Storments, who just moved here. Seeing them make adjustments has brought back so many memories.
A friend asked me the other day, “Has the Storments moving there caused you to see how much you’ve changed and how much more Dominican you’ve become?” The answer was an emphatic “yes!” Who we are now is so different than who we were 4 years ago.
We have learned and grown so much over the last 4 years. When we showed up Gibson was still 2 years old. People at our church always talk about how Gibson was just this little baby when we arrived. It is so true. He has lived the majority of his life in the Dominican Republic. There is so much more I could say, but for now I will leave you with these cute pictures.
- Gibson “Then” (2 almost 3 years old)
- Gibson Now ( 6 almost 7 years old)
- Addie “Then” (4 Years old)
- Addie “NOW” (8 years old)
- Clarabelle “Then” (6 years old)
- Clarbelle “Now” (10 years old)
- Autry “Then” (7 Years Old)
- Autry “Now” (11 years Old)